Monday, April 20, 2009

Ahh...The Sweet Smell of Home

We finally arrived home today. I have all the girls asleep so I will have to make this a quick blog...a little time for me. Basically, her surgery went well and her site is healing nicely. She decided two days after surgery to go on a drinking strike...great timing, huh? People would ask what was wrong, is she having trouble swallowing? My answer: she's two! I'm just adding as much liquid (cereal, milk-soaked graham crackers) to her diet as I can get in and hoping for her to be happy she's home and start drinking again. The reason for the delay in getting home was taking care of that stinking blood clot. Small as it is, she still has to see a Hematologist, and get those shots I told you about (2x a day for 3 months). Well, just getting it to a functional level to go home on took several days. I got a bit pushy toward the end, but it got us home. So here we are. I'll add pics soon and try to update a bit more.

2 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

So glad you are home.

Carey said...

Wow, seriously, can she please catch a break?!!! So from your last post it sounded like the blood clot should have (could have) been caught sooner? Please tell me nobody was neglecting my sweet little Ellie? I've been going crazy waiting for an update. We got a little consumed with a sleep study yesterday, last minute cancellation ... Shoot me an email, I couldn't find your email address last week. I'm at careydreambig at gmail dot com Thanks!