Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's not just me...

Okay, so as I'm feeding Ellie, she usually likes to talk...which of course gets food all over us, but the other day I thought I heard something else. I didn't think too much of it until we were eating out with Dave the other day. She was eating cottage cheese and trying chocolate pudding for the first time. She kept getting mad and as soon as you put another bite in her mouth, she'd stop and be content. Yes, she likes her food! Anyhow, she started saying "muh, muh" (not "mah")when she got angry. I asked Dave if he thought it sounded like she was trying to say "more" too and he did. Then the other day, her early intervention teacher was out and heard her do the same thing and also thought maybe that's what she was trying to say. Yeah! It's not just me hoping for it, others hear it too. It's just nice to see signs of communication since she refuses to do sign language with me. She pulls her hands away whenever I try to get her to sign (Reagan did the same thing). But let me tell you...you say the word "eat" and she knows exactly what's coming next! Not bad for a kid who couldn't do that for 10 months of life and then had to take another month and a half hiatus from it in the hospital. She's also doing a little better on the cup. I know she definately likes the milk thick (like a milkshake) and she's not pushing it away as much. And have I ever told you how much she likes Peek-A-Boo? It's her favorite game. Anytime there is a blanket or anything resembling a blanket around, she's grabs it and starts playing. That's it for now. Thanks for all who responded to my whining about comments... or, in some cases, actually could hear me:)

3 comments:

Donna said...

No doubt she is storing up words in that adorable little brain and one of these days some will come spilling right back out! Can't wait to see some new pictures!

Anonymous said...

I love the new pictures!!!
Jade :)

Jessaca said...

When there's food involved, I'm sure those words and signs will soon come flying. You should see AJ sign and talk when there's food. Boy does he love his fruit snacks...and he doesn't like to share! Too funny. I can't wait to have a kid just like him! Until I do, I'll have to just pretend he's mine and love him up.